(Courtesy google images)
I have to say I am a HUGE fan of the Olympics. I get so excited to watch the sports, even the ones that I know virtually nothing about. For example, curling. Blake had to remind me of what curling is (for those who also need a reminder- "it is like shuffleboard except on ice." I'm not sure if the curling athletes would appreciate that explanation but there it is.
I especially like hearing all of the background stories on the athletes and their inspirational stories on how they made it to the Olympics. So many athletes and their families have overcome so much to train and then earn a spot on their country's Olympic team. I'm so excited about the games that I have even imported the schedule of certain sports into my google calendar! Click here to see the full schedule, then click the button in the bottom right corner to import all sports or selected sports into your google calendar. Yay! (By the way, I love calendars!)
It made me so sad to hear that NBC was having a hard time selling advertising time because people just aren't as interested in the Olympics as they used to be. It makes me wonder if it's because the Olympics alternate every two years now and people are just tired of them.
I watched the opening ceremonies last night and while they aren't my favorite part of the games, it was awesome watching so many athletes overcome with emotion as they entered the stadium. Just imagine, your lifelong dream coming true- how amazing would that be?!
(Courtesy google images)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)