Sunday, February 7, 2010

Panic!

This storm has very heavy, wet snow and high winds which is resulting in power outages. On Friday night, our power flickered a few times, the first time Blake and I both looked up at each other- worried. Then we decided it was WAAAY too early for the power to already go out so we moved on. Around midnight Friday, we had just snuggled into bed while the storm was dumping up to 3 inches an hour outside. Sophie starts going crazy- whimpering and pacing. She is usually a very good an excellent sleeper so Blake got up and attempted to turn on the lights.  Yep, you guessed it- no power!  She was freaking out since the house was so quiet!

We made it through and the lights came on again around 8:00.  I was naive enough to believe that once we got the power back on, we would be fine. 

No such luck, around noon yesterday (Saturday), the power went back off.  ALLL DAY and ALLL night.  And here I thought I was so prepared by buying groceries on Wednesday until yesterday I realized that all the food I bought needed to be cooked.  So, for dinner we had: chips, dip, apples and peanut butter.  We broke into our Superbowl food supply.  Well, not the apples and peanut butter but the chips and dip!








Last night, Blake taught me gin rummy and we went to bed around 9:00. 

We woke up this morning around 8:00 to clicking, lights and POWER!  Our house was 52 degrees and the heat is working and we're slowly getting back to our normal temperature.

Pictures from the storm to come later!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a healthy meal of chips and dip! We've got meatballs and crab bite happening over here tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)