During the height of the snowstorm, I did not become overwhelmed with the thought of shoveling our driveway (20 inches at this point) and suggest that we take Sophie, our puppy, on a walk instead. Nope, not me!
In an effort to heat our cold, powerless house, we did not attempt to start a fire with a chimney that would not open. Thus, filling the house with smoke making all of the smoke alarms go off and making us open all the windows and doors to help air out the house. Nope, not us, we would always open the damper and flue throughout a snow storm to make sure the snow doesn't get too heavy and not open (see below).
In an effort to heat our cold, powerless house, we did not attempt to start a fire with a chimney that would not open. Thus, filling the house with smoke making all of the smoke alarms go off and making us open all the windows and doors to help air out the house. Nope, not us, we would always open the damper and flue throughout a snow storm to make sure the snow doesn't get too heavy and not open (see below).
Upon hearing the forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday (5-10 more inches of snow), I did not get excited and hope that we would have off from school the rest of the week. Nope, not me, I am too dedicated of a teacher to be excited for the possiblity of a week off from school!
When we lost power the second time, I did not become panicked and realize that all of the food I bought earlier in the week had to be cooked or baked. So, we ate potato chips and dip (as we did not want to waste it in case it went bad). Nope, not me, I would be prepared for all scenarios and have enough healthy food to last us a few days!
wow! that is so much snow! we have about 8 inches right now and supposed to be getting 4-6 more... sorry about your power. thankfully, we haven't lost ours. have a great day!
ReplyDelete