Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Know You're a Kindergarten Teacher when...

Abby at The Inspired Apple is hosting a blog carnival...




You Know You're a Kindergarten Teacher when...
  • You wake up on rainy days and your first thought is, "oh no, indoor recess."
  • You have marker on your hands
  • A wet paper towel cures everything!
  • You wish someone had invented something to unclog glue bottles.
  • You get really excited about new, fun fonts for the computer!
  • You've vowed that your own children will know their letters and how to tie a shoe before they enter Kindergarten.
  • You find yourself getting teary when they are upset and telling you a sad story...like when their dog is being put to sleep :(
  • You love office supply stores.
  • You find stickers in your pockets when you get home from school.
  • You're 100% sure that if you say "Ask 3 before me" one more time during centers, you may lose it
  • You get a chill when they've finally mastered something they've been working on- writing their name, identify word wall words, reading a certain level, etc.
  • You love a freshly, sharpened pencil
  • You are looking forward to warmer weather so you can stop zipping up coats!
  • Your day consists of being a: mom, nurse, counselor, referee, guide, friend, disciplinarian, therapist and teacher all at the same time!

9 comments:

  1. This was right on. These are the things I don't miss so much about being a Kindergarten teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that movie "You've Got Mail" when they talk about a bouquet of sharpened pencils? I would LOVE a bouquet of sharpened pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I think the glue unclogger inventor would make millions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is such a sweet post! So glad that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you on some other blog (I couldn't even tell you which one!?) ... and noticed you're a kindergarten teacher ... me, too!!! :-)
    You LOOK like a kindergarten teacher, too (is it weird that we kinda all look alike ... well not necessarily alike - but well ... we all look "nice"!? :-)
    Nice to "meet" you in blogland!
    ~Bec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why HAVENT they invented something to unclog glue bottles? Maybe that's how I'll make my millions. And I'll help out all those teachers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)