Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring is in the Air!

Today is the third of five days of Amber and Meghan's blog challenge...


Question: Where are you/would be headed for spring break this year (real or ideal)?

One of the perks of being a teacher is getting all the breaks around Christmas and Easter that the students do so I do get a spring break every year! 


Normally, we don't go anywhere crazy but this year we decided to go to Europe for spring break!  It's a combination of our 30th birthday celebrations (although Blake is a couple of years ahead of me) and the fact that his brother is in school in Europe getting his Masters until his graduation in July.  So, we will get to see him.  We also decided that we should go before we have any kids!

We are going to southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland in April for 11 days and 10 nights.  I can't wait!  We're still working out the details of what our itinerary will be each day but we're getting there!  I'm much more of a planner than Blake so we're working on a set agenda each day and some days/cities where we have a list of things we want to see and we just go from there.

Geneva

Zurich

Innsbruck

Garmisch

Munich

Where would you go for Spring Break?


5 comments:

  1. I love being a teacher for the reason of having the spring breaks off too. This trip sounds wonderful. I'm a bit jealous...please take lots of pictures and share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous of your trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo jealous!!! Have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently in Austin for my spring break! I love it here!

    And I am so excited for you. I love, love, LOVE Europe. I was in Munich last summer and I really enjoyed it. The English Gardens are awesome - definitely check out the surfers and watch out for the naked old men! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)