Monday, March 14, 2011

Kate's shower!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at school, more on that later this week.  But, I'm back after an unintentional break.

We had a great weekend!  I hosted Kate's baby shower on Saturday.  We had a nautical theme- "Ahoy, it's a boy!"  I had so much fun planning everything for it. 

I didn't take enough pictures but here are some that I do have...

The invitation!  I had it customized to match the nursery bedding.  Tierney from Tints and Prints made it for me and I couldn't be happier with it!  She also did my rehearsal dinner invitations last summer!

The diaper cake... I can't believe I didn't get a picture of this with my "real" camera but I didn't get a picture of the food table :(  This is from my iphone. 

It's hard to see but I made a pennant banner that says, "Ahoy, it's a boy!"

Baby shower balloon at our driveway

Before the party...

Cupcakes by our friend Sharon.  Delicious.

Check out this cute cupcake.  It says Bradshaw with an anchor.  Amazing.

The wine glasses had little paper tags on them that I made.  They had different phrases on them, like "Oh boy!" "Baby makes 3"  and "It's a boy!" etc.


The favors were a candy buffet which was a hit. The kisses had little stickers on the bottom that were nautical related :)


I wish I had taken more pictures but I was too busy once everything started.  I didn't even get one on my camera of the momma-to-be! :(




4 comments:

  1. What super cute shower decorations. My best friend is having a boy too and she and her husband would die at the sailor theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute shower theme! Bet the mommy-to-be loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the invitations and cupcakes! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute shower! Love the candy bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I love comments! :)